The DLC Lab has a 40Watt Epilog 36EXT Laser.
is available for student and faculty use when pursuing educational or
There are a few guidelines we would like to pass along.
- The laser does NOT cut metal no matter how hard you try...
- The laser will cut acrylic but will NOT cut polycarbonate - both
are transparent plastics. If you are not sure of the material, ask.
- The laser will NOT cut PVC based plastics.
- The laser will engrave but will not cut glass.
- The laser will engrave and cut woods of small thicknesses.
- The manual for the Epilog 36EXT is here -
DLC/College Manuals (CheckMarq) Start with the quick start
guide. The manual can also be found on the EPILOG website along with
tips and tricks to getting the laser to perform.
- Vector graphics produce superior engravings.
- The machinists will not work your project for you while you
If you have any questions, please email us at
USING THE LAB
CALENDARS, TASK LIST, USEFULS